Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:49:44 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: 83 Vanagon
Comments: To: mark <gsellman@JOURNALIST.COM>

Lisa,

The buzz you hear is your fuel pump turning on and pressurizing the FI system. I'd check the fuel pump relays.

Karl -----Original Message----- From: mark <gsellman@JOURNALIST.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Monday, April 12, 1999 3:05 AM Subject: 83 Vanagon Can anyone help me?!?! I have and 83' Volkswagen Vanagon. My problem is that it will die at random while driving down the road. When it does, it won't start for several minutes. Sometimes it won't start when it has been parked for a while either. I'll walk you through the behavior: It has a fuel injection system. When you turn the key, you generally hear a noise twice of the fuel injection turning on. This is a good sign because the van will start and run after this. Sometimes you will only hear the noise once, or maybe not at all, in this case you are not going anywhere. I have often had to wait 3 to five minutes inbetween attempts to get it started. When I am just a moments away from tears and or tantrums the bitch starts. I have tried putting the gasoline additive in to clean things out, but this has not solved the problem. I am thinking that it is something electrical; that some how the power to the fuel injection is shorting out somewhere. I have taken it into a mechanic to have it checked out and fixed, but since it did not die while he was driving it or refuse to start for him, he said he couldn't find anything wrong with it. I had explained all the symptoms to him as I have listed above, but he had not clue what was wrong. I really want to be able to go into the next mechanic with some kind of info as to what it might be. If you have any idea please let me know. I can be reached at lizulfisa@hotmail.com. Thankyou! _Lisa -Mark ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Words certainly evoke the imagination. Photography, however, evokes emotion.

[text/html]