Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:28:15 -0700
From:         "Vince P." <vince_pappalardo@OM.CV.HP.COM>
Subject:      Re: Moroso opinions sought
Comments: To: KGGILBERT@AOL.COM, vanagon@vanagon.com

Kevin,

I bought a bottle of this in order to keep driving my van while I acquired enough parts to fix the terminal head leak. The instructions on the bottle say to drain and flush the cooling system, refill with water and Moroso sealant, run at temperature for 10 minutes, then drain system and leave set overnight until ceramic has set up. Well, I decided not to use the stuff because that was way to much filling and draining of the system. Plus I had concerns about coating things I did not want coated like the hoses and radiator. I did use the Alumaseal (two tubes) that did NOT do a thing to stop the leak. I drained and flushed the system (using a flushing tee, much easier) and now I just add water. I can drive 50 miles on a quart of water. Hopefully, my AVP engine will arrive this week. So, if you are interested in a bottle of the Moroso sealer, let me know; maybe I can send you the one I did not use.

Vince. ___________________________________________ Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 01:17:28 EDT From: Kevin Gilbert <KGGILBERT@AOL.COM> Subject: Moroso opinions sought

Someone on the list recently recommended Moroso ceramic cooling system leak fluid. Does it work? How do you use it? Do you have to drain the system and fill with water? How much do you use? Can it do damage? Are there other products easier to use which are just as effective? Better? The situation is this: Coolant disappearing from the overflow tank, and no visible external leaks. Some visible white steamy exhaust on startup. Thanks for any guidance. Kevin '84 Westfalia '86 Mad River '73 Raleigh