Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Apr 1999 01:42:24 EDT
From:         Detlev Hanschke <DeHanschke@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Hello and info up date
Comments: To: tcarrington@relitech.com

Hello Tom , I check your page and I like the style how you did it.

I like to introduce us and our company. One and a half year ago when we move from Germany to California I brought the idea with me to convert Vanagons with I5Cyl. engines. I did this several times in Germany and because of a long standing friendship with Winkler/Rosenman the booth persons behind "Winkler WS" I had easy access to all the needed parts and Information. I got known at the list through oue address on the back of the Winkler cataloge. Actually we are the USA distributor of Winkler. 15 month ago I did the first conversion in the original Winkler set up what is similar to the South Africa original Factory equipment. Later on we change the conversion several times until the 2WD conversion fit with out lid changes in the engine compartment. I think that you saw the post from Mark Drillock . We start from $1850 basic kit (Winkler) untill US $ 6000 for the ready to install kit . If you like to see picture of this conversion go to Van-Again or Michael Suivans web page. This kit comes with an overhault I5Cyl. engine and you can choose from 103 hp to 155 hp N/A. We do not recommend the Turbo set up with out reinforcement of the transmission and the suspension. With all conversion we recommend trio insure that the Brake system is in propper condition. Also we are able to deliver all needed parts for the 1.9 TDI conversion as discribt in the Winkler cataloge. We now start to supplie all other parts for the Vanagon owner need. We wouldt appreciate if you add our buisiness to your list.

Sincerely Detlev Vanagon Projekt 925 606 8797