Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Apr 1999 02:51:05 EDT
From:         Michael Modl <Modl6971@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: Left Lane Bandits and Carrying Spares

In a message dated 4/8/99 10:45:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Modl6971 writes:

<< << In the discussions about long distance trips over the last couple of weeks, I have seen a couple of references to driving in the left lane so people can pass you on the right. That strikes me as a bad practice.

I've think that multi-lane highways are easier to deal with if everyone stays right to drive and only uses the left lane when overtaking. Isn't that the standard practice in Germany? (Obligatory Vanagon Content)

If I'm driving on a rough freeway, there are times when I have moved into the left lane because it's smoother, but I try to move back to the right when people come up behind me. Comments? >>

I couldn't agree more. Any asshole that daydreams in the left lane and doesn't merge right after passing can kiss my ass. 1. LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY! 2. SLOWER TRAFFIC STAY RIGHT! 3. PASSING TO THE RIGHT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED! 4. AFTER PASSING MERGE RIGHT! Now only if everyone would follow these basic rules, we wouldn't have accidents, or at least a lot less. We would have a safe, disseplend highways. Have you ever watched the stupid ediot on an empty freeway daydreaming in the left lane with nobody in front of him for miles, absolutely refusing to merge right. Or the person in the left lane is driving exactly the same speed as the guy next to him, so traffic is back up for miles. These people deserve big tickets for breaking the 4 main rules, they do in Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya, Michael 87 syncro 87 quattro >>

[message/rfc822]