Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:36:59 -0500
From:         Maureen Stretch <mstretch@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS 91 Vanagon GL Westy - -Back on Market

Listees,

I thought I had a buyer for my Westy but he decided against it when his mechanic said that although the Vanagon was in good shape, he would be better off buying from a dealer and getting the dealer's warranty. Given my experience with dealers I couldn't disagree more. But to each his or her own.

I am selling my Westy because I broke my shoulder in Feb., and will probably not be able to lift up the pop-top roof myself for a year or two, if ever. I am getting a motorhome and must sell the Vanagon.

The specifics again, are:

91 Vanagon GL Westfalia Camper, 110,000 original miles. In near-mint condition. Flash Silver Metallic. Stove, sink, refrig. work fine. Auto trans. PS, PB, PW, A/C, pop-top roof and upper bunk, rear seat opens into bed. Has new Catalina A& E awning fixed to rain gutter- - no holes in body. Runs great. Had new struts for rear hatch installed, oil changed every 3000 mi., regular maintenance, wiring harness, no rust (spent its first 6 years in Georgia, then only 2 mild winters here in New England). Bentley manual, owner's manual included. Has all curtains and equipment. Asking $15,600 but will negotiate. Live in Natick Ma, about 17 miles west of Boston. RSVP if interested.

Maureen Stretch Natick, Mass. 91 Vanagon GL Westy "Johann"