Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:47:07 -0700
From:         Brent Christensen <bpchristensen@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: 82 Westy tire question
Comments: To: Helen Amerongen <hma@U.ARIZONA.EDU>

Those sound like passenger tires, not rated for the "C" load range required by the Westy. The "PR" numbers on your door frame refer to the # of plys in the tread and sidewall. "6 PR" would be 6-ply (usually 4 in the tread and 2 sidewall). I'm far from an expert, but I don't think you have the "right" tires for your Westy. (The 35 psi load rating is also a clue - recommended inflation is 43 front/48 rear)

Brent Christensen '89 GL Syncro Westy "Klaus" '91 Taurus SHO (For Sale) '95 Cherokee Sport

----- Original Message ----- From: Helen Amerongen <hma@U.ARIZONA.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, April 16, 1999 1:21 PM Subject: 82 Westy tire question