Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Apr 1999 22:15:52 -0400
From:         Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Show in Monrovia, MD (I'm Back)
Comments: To: "KENWILFY@AOL.COM" <KENWILFY@AOL.COM>

Two words...Bugout, Manassas.

Perhaps another kind-hearted listee can fill in the date, etc... It is great...Lots of everything, tons of vendors, Vanagons, and of course, the bug drag races / quality Women, (who wouldn't want "Ms. Bugout Manassas, 1999" on their resume???) We will be there, inside the gate, and (tentatively) so will the current owner of our quiet, rust-proofed, well-heated former van... (www.bulley-hewlett.com/VWindex ).

Date?

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett & Associates www.bulley-hewlett.com Cary, NC USA 888.468.4880 tollfree

-----Original Message----- From: KENWILFY@AOL.COM [SMTP:KENWILFY@AOL.COM] Sent: Sunday, April 18, 1999 9:57 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Show in Monrovia, MD (I'm Back)

Just got back from my weekend trip down to Washington, DC to visit a friend and then go on to a VW show in Monrovia, MD. The trip was great but the VW show was not the highlight of the trip. First of all I used Mapblast to get directions to where I thought the show was supposed to be. It was the only address on the webpage about the show and I was in a hurry so I just got the directions. Well the directions were great but the address was for the guy running the show and not the show itself so I wound up at his front door around 10am on Sat. Of course he wasn't home so I went and bought a map and located the Drag Strip where the show was. 2 hours later we got there. The admission was $10 a person. After forking out $40 we went in to the show. There were some nice bugs, and one or two nice buses (very few of these) and about three Vanagons there including my own (this was a disappointment). Also not many vendors (about 10) and they weren't doing much from what I could see. I was just happy that I didn't pay for a vendor spot that day, just wanted to relax and check out some cool VWs for a change. The show just seemed really small to me and the main attraction seemed to be the drag races and not the show cars or vendors. Needless to say when we left an hour later after seeing everything there was to see I was majorly disappointed. So we went back to DC and walked around the Mall (not a shopping mall) amidst the cherry blossom festival. Now this was nice. So for me I am not going to be making plans to attend this show again. I am however looking forward to this weekend at Campbelltown PA. I have been there the past two years and it was great both times. Stop in and see me (I'll be the guy in the plaid pants sitting in front of a Burgandy Carat Vanagon next to Chris Turner- Chris you gots some of that camper upholstry left over?) :) Ken Wilford Van-Again John 3:16