Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:32:57 -0400
From:         Mike Hugill <mike@KLA-INC.COM>
Subject:      To buy or not to buy...

Hello,

A newbie here, looking for Vanagon. Was looking for some feedback from experienced owners.

I have found: Westfalia, 1985, with a fridge, auto trans with a/c. At 110k miles (in late 1997) a new engine was put in. THat engine has about 15k miles on it. No rust. Pretty nice for about $5500.

I also found an 86GL, A/c, auto with about 186Kmiles on orig. engine. This one is sitting in a mechanic's lot. Needs new heads and the owner doesn't want to put anymore $ into it. The guy who ownes the shop needs more room so he wants to get the heads done to move it out. I think I may be able to get what I think may be a deal on this. The vehicle looks pretty good inside (just a bit dirty) but outside there are 4-5 quarter size rust spots or paint bubbles with rust just starting underneath.

Any suggestions on what to look out for, what kinds of things I should expect to repair/replace with either vehicle?

Still looking for a Syncro.

Thanks Mike

Michael Hugill Ken Leiner Associates, Inc. Nationwide Recruiting (301) 933-8800 x139 (301) 933-8808 fax (800) 989-8803 http://www.ITsearch.com