Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:49:10 -0700
From:         kW <kokopellis@ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: "Propane Protector" Mud Flap Removal Question
Comments: To: Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>

Hi listees, I fixed my propane mud flap several years ago and all is still well. I pulled the flap off the vehicle, breaking the connecting pins. You can get replacement connectors at the dealer. Probably a special order. I separated the two halves by drilling out the rivets. Pull apart the pieces and use the old one as a template. I then cut a semi truck mud flap to the right shape and size (you can find semi mud flaps all along the highways, just stop next time you see one, maybe even a truck stop would have waste ones. You could even use some other type of thick rubbery material also). I replaced the two halves and metal bar and used two nuts and bolts instead of rivets and its been fixed since. The dealer got me the connecting pieces (not too much $$) All has been well for two years. Cost <$10. . Have more fun. Ken Wyatt 82 westy slc, ut

PS My Burningman tickets came today. I'm excited.