Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:16:46 -0400
From:         EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Fire co's(no Vanagon content)
Comments: To: S2 <satew@mninter.net>

> > B.S. What fire department did you train with? > Penn #7 Volunteer Fire CO. They are claimed to be the best in the county. Several years ago, I spent 4 years, wasting my time being bossed around thinking I would eventually learn something. After out smarting many of them on several occasions, most learned that I was not going to be bossed around much longer. This lead to the following:

I was instructed to put a chain on a car that they were going to drag out of the way of a fire plug. I got in and drove it out of the way. I owner got there about 1 hour later, and after learning what happened he was instructed to press charges againest me for stealing his car, by the other firefighters.

I was intructed to "mask up" and go into a burning home and look for bodies. Others were insturcted to enter the home from the rear. I made my way thru the home, only to find them axing there way thur the rear door. Before they made it thru, I unlocked the door for them. Afterwards this lead to a heated arguement, because the owner wanted to know why they didn't break the glass in the door. I spook up and told the truth.

After pissing off 2/3 the fire co. in many other situation of this type, and exposing much of there incompetent, one may see where I was going. I spent the next 6 months fighting with the township manager trying to get some minimum requirments for firefighters in my township, only to find the fire chief and the township manager were related. Since then I have lost count of the car fires I have put out with a simple extinguisher. This includes several of my own. Only one, has ever got away from me, (and 4 other guys). This car was made out of straw. I have to apologize for discriminating. I'm sure there are good "nozzle nuts" that do have a little concern about personal property, with a few brains. "BUT i'm sure theye're not hear in Penn Hills. If I were to get involved (now), I would have to start be teach them how to think. They would have to pay me to volunteer. And most of all I would insist that they all stop coming to fires if they had been drinking. They would all quit, and we would have no more volunteers. Back to square one. SO what would you rather have, a false sense of security or no fire co. Eric