Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:57:22 -0700
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Björn Ratjen <bratjen@DIRECT.CA>
Subject:      Sue the fire department was: Fire ruins my day...

Has Friday been extended lately?

Hum, let's see:

At 12:00 AM 21/04/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:44:56 -0400 >From: EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET> >Subject: Re: Sue the fire department was: Fire ruins my day... > > The fire co. did damaged to his vehicle. Water damage. End of >story. > My story. If any nozzle nut gets near me or anything I own, >I will consider it a personal thread, and defend myself and >my property. I have lots of personal experience with this. The >only place I will let them go is my garage. If It should be >engulfed in flames, I'm sure one of the fuel tanks, will eventually >blow up leveling the neighborhood, and hopefully taking them >with it. Sorry, I've seen them in action...It's not pretty. > > Eric 86-VW4x4 > vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z > Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler > As a firefighter I can tell you in more detail how fires can be extinguished. I have been to car fires, house fires, oil refinery fires, bush fires, etc. Your solitary observations are missing many points which are somewhat off topic for the list and the intention of the original message.

Please do not visit me because I would not want you to feel personally threatened. I wonder what you would want to do to me in your defense. Ahem, I live on Vancouver Island, with lots of water around me....

There is of course statistical evidence that the number of firefighters at a scene is in proportional relation to the damage. However, reducing the number of firefighters may not take the size of the original fire into account.

You are right, not extinguishing fires with water does usually not leave any water damage. This does not take into account the damage of the fire though. Actually nature causes the biggest water damage by something called precipitation. However, on the positive side one may say that water combined with certain base solutions - often called detergents - is also used as local cleaning agent, which however can cause environmental damage if not disposed off properly.

Fire extinguishers by the way contain corrosive agents which will cause additional damage to exposed metals.... Anyone still listening?

Can I stay on the list, safely?

Björn :)

P.S. End of story. ;)