Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:15:36 -0600
From:         tonyd <tonyd@CANDESA.COM>
Subject:      Update & Need to know

Hey folks,

Heard back from the Insurance co. regarding the fire. They are totaling the vehicle and offered me $5112.00. Considering it was our only car and that it has been a week already without transportation, I am going to accept. I did mention to her a few things and they will likely adjust it up just a tad. We have decided to keep the van (buy it back, I should say) and I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in; the whole thing (for a parts van, or to replace the engine and put back on the road) or in parts. Please let me know as soon as you can if you are interested. This is my last day at this email address, so please use the following until I get to my new job; dubstar@enol.com

For general info: White '87 Vanagon GL with blue interior. 90,000 miles (before fire). Brand new Continental tires on all 4's. Original wheel covers. The interior is intact, in excellent shape, wet (but drying) There was no fire damage to the vehicle past the fire wall, inside or out (except passenger rear quarter panel is charred a bit, not bubbled, just sooty) so, all of the upholstery and carpet is intact. Everything worked on the van; clock, tach, speedo, AC, heat, defrost, everything. It does have power mirrors and rear wiper, but I don't know if they still work. Has captain chairs with adjustable armrests. Exterior is straight, minus a soft dent on both sides, on middle panels (minor) and some seam rust (minor) on drivers side rear of door. Some minor spots of rust (none bigger than 1/4". Grille is intact, and everything related to it is perfect. I do have a great roof rack that was made for the vanagon. I'll try to post some picts of the van so you can see for yourselves.

email me directly if you want more info.

[text/html]