Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Apr 1999 08:41:49 -0500
From:         S2 <satew@MNINTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Stereo sounds: a little more bass?
Comments: To: "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>

If you are talking about a subwoofer system, that is a speaker and box which were designed to operate together, then this is basically true. But a naked subwoofer needs to be mounted in an enclosure that will allow it to produce a wide range of frequencies at the same level of loudness. There are usually good instructions on naked drivers (that's a good mind picture ;0)). But a good rule of thumb is that a smaller speaker in a smaller space will give a flatter frequency response. So you may use your front doors as very nice enclosures for a smaller woofer and have fairly good sound. This would of course involve a bit of manicuring. Respectfully, Steve "What you don't know can't hur..$#&(@^ ARGHHHHkkk!" satew@mninter.net

-----Original Message----- From: Joe L. <jliasse@TOAST.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Saturday, April 24, 1999 12:09 AM Subject: Re: Stereo sounds: a little more bass?