Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Apr 1999 11:12:21 -0500
From:         Ken Korn <kkorn@JUMP.NET>
Subject:      Re: Replacement steering wheels
Comments: To: Bulley <gmbulley@bulley-hewlett.com>

We have Yoko 356 C rated 185R14's. The door sticker says to run 34 front and 40 rear. I had them a couple of pounds higher. The tires say max pressure is 50. You must have the D rated versions. With the pressures that high, don't you find the ride harsh? BTW, we have the KYB shocks all around. This trip was just my wife and myself with not a lot of stuff and no water in the tank.

Ken

On Friday, April 23, 1999 11:57 PM, Bulley [SMTP:gmbulley@bulley-hewlett.com] wrote: > Just curious because we had a similar side-wind trip from hell, but we > didn't have proper tires (Sorry to mention the "T----" word). Do you have > the reinforced, with proper air in them? When we set out camping, with two > other folks we go with 55-60 in the rear, and 45-48 up front, and it > handles really well, even in cross winds. Just a thought. > > G. Matthew Bulley > Bulley-Hewlett & Associates > www.bulley-hewlett.com > Cary, NC USA > 888.468.4880 tollfree > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Ken Korn [SMTP:kkorn@JUMP.NET] > Sent: Friday, April 23, 1999 11:15 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Replacement steering wheels > > I just got back from a 1500 mile trip in my '82 Westy. We had a lot of wind > on this trip including almost a full day with 20-30 mph side winds. I was > VERY glad I had that BIG steering wheel (with no power steering). I wonder > how the smaller wheel would've been? > > Ken > >