Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Apr 1999 22:56:22 -0700
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dometic Fridge Trouble-shooting
Comments: To: Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@pangea.ca>

Marshall, Try leaving your fridge on 110 v for 1/2 to 1 hour. Then feel the cooling fins inside the fridge to see if they are cold. There is no compressor and no noise to indicate that the fridge is running. The fan only comes on when the temperature behind the fridge reaches 126 (I think) degrees F (weather the fridge is on or not). I can never seem to see the flame through that darn view window at the bottom left corner for the fridge. The only other indicator is the green led on the indicator light panel. Not sure where that is on your 84, but I think it only comes on when the fridge is run on 12 v and when the propane is actually lit. But of course the fins getting cold is ultimately the only indicator that matters. If it gets cold on 110 v, let them warm up and try again for 1/2 to 1 hour on 12 v.. unless you have an auxiliary battery you'll have to go for a drive so that your ignition will trigger the fridge relay and send 12 v power to the fridge. If the fins get cold on 12 v then run the fridge on 110 for 1/2 hour before trying to light the propane. This often helps to get it lighted. Let us know your results. Good Luck Bill 90 Westy Syncro -----Original Message----- From: Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@pangea.ca> To: westy list current <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com>; Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net> Date: Saturday, April 24, 1999 10:27 PM Subject: Re: Re: Dometic Fridge Trouble-shooting