Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:13:34 -0700
From:         Brent Christensen <bpchristensen@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dometic Temperature

> Also, I don't think the cooling capacity of the refrigerator is enough to > actually chill foods or drinks. We put everything in our refrigerator > already cold. After a meal, any leftovers are placed in a large zip-lock > bag, then left flat on the table to cool for a while, prior to placing in > the refrigerator.

Good advice, however not completely true for me. I just put a 2-liter bottle of freshly-made sunshine tea (about 75 degrees F or so) into my empty, pre-chilled fridge. (It had been running on 110v for about 2 hours). I then took a 5 hour drive. About an hour and a half into the drive, I was able to drink cool tea from the 2-liter bottle. After about 3 hours (total) the tea was nice and cold!

God I love having a Westy!

Brent Christensen '89 Syncro Westy "Klaus" '91 Taurus SHO (SOLD!) '95 Cherokee Sport

----- Original Message ----- From: Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, April 26, 1999 4:58 PM Subject: Re: Dometic Temperature