Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:14:46 -0400
From:         "David..M" <dmc@CYBURBAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Adventurewagen

Garrett Adams wrote: > > It's an Adventurewagen conversion made in Fort Bragg, CA on the Northern > California coast. They did VW camper conversions from the 1960's up until > 1991, the last year Vanagons were imported into the USA. > > Since 1992 they have doing pretty much the same conversion to the Ford Club > Wagon. I purchased a replacement rooftop solar shower assembly from them > today and learned that they will cease new production at the end of the > year. Ed Anderson, the owner, is retiring but will continue to service > existing units and act as a middle man in the buying and sales of used > campers. > > I've owned mine since 1987 and love it. It's got all the comforts of home, > some of which are: propane 12,000 btu forced air furnace, fully made up > (sheets and blanket) 48x75 inch bed (there's another bed topside but I use > that for storage), 12V/120V NorCold 2 cubic foot refrigerator (powered by > two golf cart batteries), big stainless steel sink with on-demand electric > pump faucet and 19 gal. filtered fresh water tank plus a 13 gal. gray water > holding tank. Finally the aforementioned inside shower setup and > Porta-Potty. > > Sounds like Americans can do some things as good as the Germans (said my mentor in heavy American accent).