Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:56:59 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuart@COBALTGROUP.COM>
Subject:      Re: Adventure Wagon

The name is "Adventure Wagon," and they operate out of Fort Bragg, CA. They did a nice "land yacht" conversion using teak veneer plywood and utilized many ideas from small boat interiors. They were all made to order. They did VW conversions from the 60's through the Vanagon years.

I stopped by once in the late 70's; it was a two person operation and a true "craftsman shop." I remember the owner telling me he wouldn't touch anything but a VW van because the American vans were so poorly made. The inside dimensions varied so much he would have to custom fit each one! How times change. . .

If someone had the money I bet they would do another Vanagon. He must still have the form for the top and templates for the interior components. Or maybe someone could buy the equipment and rights to do the conversion!

Any Microsoft Millionaires on the list? Give them a call! (707-964-4298)

(It would have to be a hobby, there is no way to make money at this!)

Mark R Drovdahl wrote: > However, the conversion was perhaps the best I've ever > seen. The company operates out of CA, however word was that they no longer > do Vanagons, only domestic van conversions...wish I could remember the name > of the joint (anyone?). > > Mark D., Seattle, WA > '88 Westy (still working on A3 conversion) > > ---------- > >From: Fritz_H <Fritz_H@EMAIL.MSN.COM> > >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Subject: Adventure Wagon > >Date: Mon, Apr 26, 1999, 8:04 PM > > > > > I saw a wondrous sight late last week a grocery store parking lot. The > > label on the back said "Adventure Wagon." I wonder if it's as cool as it > > seems. > > It looked like the high-top Syncro Westfalia at Nigel Ballard's Website > > (http://www.mtnds.com/nb/Westie.htm), only meaner. It was also equipped > > with a side awning and had a CB antenna sprouting from the right rear vent > > area (the grill had been removed). My wife was in a hurry, or I would have > > examined the van further, but from the brief glimpse I had, I can only say I > > want one! > > This van was spotted in Lacey, WA. Does anyone out there have any info on > > Adventure Wagons? Are they at all common? Are they as good as, or better > > than, a syncro westy? > > > > Randy, Carla & Anna Huyck, Lacey, WA > > '75 Rustfalia > > '79 Mercedes 300D > > '85 Vanagon GL > > '90 Fox GL

-- Stuart MacMillan Manager, Case Program 800-909-8244 ext 208

Getting your share of the Net yet? http://www.cobaltgroup.com http://www.casedealer.com/demo http://www.caseihdealer.com/demo