Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:22:43 -0700
From:         Mark Mages <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Quality of Quality of Work, NO VANAGON CONTENT

Yeah! Those English built........... well, a bunch of stuff they sold to American companies.. And the French make good wine & cheese too!

Speech recognition - that explains SO much about your posts... not that they aren't informative/entertaining, but I couldn't understand how they could be so LONG'

About 12 lines is my maximum...

> Bulley wrote: > > > > Bulley Babble (thanks to speech-recognition > software, while I eat my > > lunch), on a subject near and dear to my heart: > QUALITY. > > > > We are living in a unique time. Not long ago, > let's say, during the early > > '70s, country of origin and long-term familiarity > with the manufacturing > > company were clear indicators of the level of > quality you would receive > > upon purchase. > > > > Company names like Westinghouse, General Motors, > or Foster Grant spoke of > > their quality, and were part of their "competitive > advantage". Where are > > these top brands of the early '70's now? > > > > It was likewise for country of origin. For > example, we all accepted on > > face value that Americans made a fantastic large > luxury car. The Japanese > > made a fantastic small economy car. The Germans > built well-engineered > > auto-cross quality sports cars. The French > made...well, the French have > > always made great breads. > > > > > What? No mention of the British, and a disparaging > comment about the > French. > They did build the Concorde between them, which the > Americans tried > their best to ban from landing on its shores. >

=== Mark

87 Westfalia Gl 84 Scirocco 8v

http://members.tripod.com/~jehanno