Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:47:03 -0500
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Clotheswashing and Westies

In the book, "Travels with Charley", by John Steinbeck, he describes a clothes washing system he used in his pickup-camper, and I think that somebody here may find it works for them and their Westy, too.

What John did was get a plastic trash bin, and fill it partway with water, throw in his clothes, and some washing soap.

At the end of a day's drive, he found that the constant agitation caused by the movement of the van, had completely washed his clothes. Then he would rinse them out, and hang'em to dry.

I guess as long as you weren't hauling 40 litres of water around, and could keep the bin from spilling, it would work for us too. In my minds eye, I can see the consequences of using too much soap, however.

On a personal note, it does seem that there is no aspect of life or living that doesn't have a Westie connection somehow, for better or worse.

Marshall Ruskin 84 Westy "Iron Igloo" Founding Member of "Vanagon's Anonymous"