Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Apr 1999 00:19:50 +0100
From:         Don McCallum <van@TROSGOL.ENTERPRISE-PLC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Lack of power on my 87 Syncro
Comments: To: MCBRAYC@UK.IBM.COM

Three possibles spring to mind:

1. Check that the thermostat is OK and allowing the motor to reach full temp. 2. The automatic choke may not be going off properly. 3. Fuel pump is not keeping up with demands

In the first two, I would expect high fuel consumption. If the third, expect some erratic running. I would also run a compression check in case of more serious problems. If the van has already had a replacement or recon. engine, the carb may be worn - service kits are available.

Don McCallum (1992 T3 1.6 TD Syncro, 1986 T3 1.9 Camper, North Wales, UK) -----Original Message----- From: Chris McBrayne <MCBRAYC@UK.IBM.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: 21 April 1999 10:10 Subject: Lack of power on my 87 Syncro