Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:32:22 -0700
From:         "M.R. Nimmo" <mrnimmo@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for a Hardcore roof rack
Comments: To: mike@KLA-INC.COM, steve@schwenklaw.com

>I am looking for a permanently mounted roof rack for >my 88 GL. >Something with sides 10"-14 inches high.

>Is there anyone making curtains for an 88 GL?

I have a SURCO rack on my fullsize Mitsu Montero. It is sturdy, though not as sturdy as those which are welded together. I thought about putting it on my GL, but I found a WV style which is much smaller. (Looks like the ones commonly seen on splitties.) Mine is real large (50" * 84") and about 8" deep and made out of black aluminum. It has clamps that should allow it to adjust to any vehicle with drip rails. (The clamps can adjust for the width of the vehicle.)

I bought mine from Overlander Outfitters (www.overlander.com) but the service was terrible. They forgot to send one of the boxes and it took about three months to get it fixed. Whitney has the same rack, but not in the size I ordered. (Ok, if you don't want one seven feet long anyway.)

Curtains: Zproducts has 'em. Full kit or add your own material style. www.zproducts.com, I think.

Steve, do you have a picture of a safari rack mounted on a vanagon?