Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Apr 1999 02:56:11 -0700
From:         Debi <mtngal@SIERRATEL.COM>
Subject:      Fuel Loading Problem ( long'ish)

Mike,

Before I bought my van I didn't even know they made 'vans' without radiators. I only knew about the VW-BUGS. Mine is a water cooled, but the guy who I bought it from thought it was air cooled. I found out by running the vin number, then told him. In frustration he said if it has water I'll sell it to you for..$ AND HE HONORED HIS WORD!! That was how I got it... So you never know what you'll run into.

The listee's posted a scavenger type of list addressed to me. Things to look for like the brake reservoir/fill tank. Wiper tank refill, Battery, rear heater does it or does it not have one? Don't quote me on exactly what that list was but, I was beside myself trying to figure out what to think about it all. I'm sure someone had a ball with me...lol

I've come a long way since then. I'm even taking Auto Mechanics, and Auto Electronics, so you know I went through the gauntlet...lol

Funny now I think of it...

Good things do come out of trials... I've come a L-O-N-G WA-Y B-A-B-Y :0)

And thanks to them I'm gaining strenght.

Don't be shy about your posts, if some old timer treats you like you should know better it's because he get 50-150 e-mail a day on this topic for months on end.... They're sometimes a little crass, BUT THEY ARE A GOOD BUNCH OF PEOPLE. :0) You might have to blow off some of their comments and ask again. At some point they'll/someone will realize you are serious and you'll get a proper response. Another thing Mike don't start spending alot of money swapping everything because you are getting frustrated trying to get it fixed, thinking you have to buy those local boys, high priced parts...

Word of wisdom: Price everything from more then one place...

I'm telling you now, Get that manual! What a dream book for these vehicles. **Get some di-electric gell and add it to all your electrical contacts. It a best kept secret for electronics techs and I use it on many projects even my van... It has saved me lots of money I'm sure.... I posted it to the listee's and the old timers never made a comment one way or the other, But I bet they're thinking about using it now...lol...

Another word of warning!! At some point: You'll fall in love with your van and be sick if you are forced to sell it (providing you can get though the early adjustment period) it's just like anything else you buy... new or used. Gee, I'm getting wordy here... ;0)

Good luck, Mtngal

[text/html]