Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:52:06 EDT
From:         Jeffrey R <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Toys?
Comments: To: techrat@vm.com

> Just wondering if anyone had leads onto this subject.

Brian--

There is a type 2 bus toy available in red and white at a store on Third Avenue in the 60s (? I think) here in Manahattan. i can't think of the store name right now. It's like a kids store, but it sells maps and science type things. It has these old split windshield busses in two sizes. One is about the size of a regular plastic model, say 8-10 inches long. the smaller one is about 3 or 4 inches long. They're pretty nice replicas, and I think they're metal.

The store has the word "knowledge" in it's titile I think. Like "Store of Knowledge". The name will come to me or I will pass it in the next few days. P-mail me if you can't find it.

Also I have two matchbox buses probably from the 60s. Both are campers with split windshields. And they are two differnt models. One is green and it says Volkswagen Cavarette on the bottom. It has a see-through plastic sunroof on the top. there is a table with bench seats facing it inside.

The other bus is silver with an orange interior, and is also a camper. It says Volkswagen Camper on the bottom. (sorry, neither of mine are for sale)

Rocky Mountain Motor works (800) 258-1996 also has a bunch of buses in its catalogue. (I'm still mad at them for selling me chinese front wheel bearings. But the toy busses are cool.)

I don't know of any toy Vanagons. Good Luck, Jeff 83.5 Westy NYC