Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 May 1999 21:22:01 -0400
From:         Carl Krucke <ckrucke@AWOD.COM>
Subject:      droplink.jpg (was broke anti-sway bar)
Comments: To: jones@ANOMIE.COLORADO.EDU

I couldn't get your link to the droplink picture to work. Was it right?

I've only had my 82 a couple years, but have broken one of those. Is something I can look forward to regularly?

Carl 82 Vanagon L ================== >After breaking 4-5 droplinks on my '81, I had local racing shop >weld a bold onto the broken droplink. This was their prefered >sol'n rather than drilling and tapping into the end of the broken >part. I had them do two--so I'm ready if the other side breaks. > >It has been installed ~2 years and I've given up that little >anxiety when driving over things that want to flex the body-- >like gas station entrances. > >I have put a scan of the repair on my web page: > http://coyote/jones/droplink.jpg > > Richard A. Jones > Boulder