Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 May 1999 11:47:07 -0700
From:         Brent Christensen <bpchristensen@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Racks

OK. The time has come to buy a rack for the Syncro, and I have the $ (or should I say $$$$) for a good one. (sold the SHO over the weekend).

A couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have a used older-style Paulchen they want to sell? (Sorry, had to ask)

2. Has anyone tried one of the Trotter racks from Italy?

3. Can you still carry gear on a Paulchen with the bike racks installed (but no bikes)?

4. Do the Paulchen racks mar the paint where they are mounted? (The Yakima racks on our Cherokee have destroyed the paint at their point of contact with the roof)

Any other helpful advice?

Brent Christensen '89 Syncro Westy "Klaus"