Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 May 1999 14:56:23 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuart@COBALTGROUP.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alternative to Bentley manual
Comments: To: Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>

Thanks listees, I have ordered this from the Bus Depot. Being a British car restorer in addition to keeping my Vanagon alive I know what a spanner is, have bought lots of parts from auto jumbles, and try to avoid bodging up my repairs. I can handle a British version, you can't have too much information when it comes to car repair!

Per Lindgren wrote: > > > Haynes have a manual for the Vanagon, but it is aimed at Europe/Asia, not > the US. It covers most of the features of the US models, though. It does > cover things as US-spec cat-engines, air-conditioning, 5-speed tranny and > carburetted engines. It does NOT cover Diesel, Turbo-diesel and Syncro. > This manual is not an "owners workshop manual" like previous manuals, but > included in a new series of "repair and service manuals". These manuals are > not as much "tear down and rebuild everything yourself" type manuals, I.E. > it does not cover how to rebuild the tranny. It is available in English > #3452 and Swedish #SV3392. The air-cooled manuals are: English/Europe > #0638, US/Canada #96045. My manual (swedish) has a complete list of manuals > available at time of print, but all manuals available is on-line. > > PerL > 88 Syncro

-- Stuart MacMillan Manager, Case Program 800-909-8244, Ext. 208

Getting your share of the Net yet?

http://casedealer.com/demo http://caseihdealer.com/demo http://cobaltgroup.com