Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 May 1999 20:10:04 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Full-Size SLIDING DOOR SCREENS $79!

I'm happy to announce a new product, heretofore unavailable in the U.S. These sliding door mosquito screens cover the entire sliding door area of your Vanagon, and have a zipper in the middle for easy access in and out of the van. Now you can leave your sliding door open when camping, keep the bugs out, and still get in and out easily.

These are really nice repros of the original Westfalia sliding door screen, optional in Germany but never offered in the U.S. I located an original German one and had it repro'd. It's almost dead-on except that the color of the zipper material is a slightly different shade.

It looks very similar to the Westfalia rear hatch mosquito screen sold here (except for the addition of the zipper for easier access). It snaps into place using the same type snaps as the rear hatch screen. The snap recepticles/screws you will need are included; they simply screw into the interior of the van around the sliding door area. You can use it in any Vanagon, whether or not it is a camper.

There is a special list member price of $79.95. I have only 6 so far, 3 brown and 3 gray, and they will be offered first-come, first-served; once they're gone my next batch is coming in about two weeks. I expect this to be a really hot item, but I'll do everything I can to keep up with demand.

You can order by e-mail, phone, or the website. If you order via the website, the part numbers are 253 069 603 for brown, or 255 070 413 for gray. You can search by part number, or you can find them on the camper parts, interior parts, exterior parts, and bargains pages. NOTE: The price on the website is $10 higher, but don't worry. We will still deduct the $10 from your order *IF* you notate in the "additional information" comments area on the website order form that you are a list member.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW