Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 May 1999 10:05:10 -0400
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bentley really sucks
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM>

And I have an encyclopedia that is 5 times the size of your three manuals put togeather. Furthermore, Tolstoy's "War and Peace"contains many times more words than your manuals; not to mention the proposed Federal Budget. That cannot be matched for sheer size. The trouble is; if I want some info on a particular part on my Vanagon I think it would take quiet a while to find it in any of the above tomes. A similar difficulity would, I believe, present itself if one searched your "more comprehensive" Audi, Passat or Jetta manuals. What does this mean? Obviously Gross Registered Tonnage does not, in itself, mean a thing. In the 6 years I have had the Westy and the Bentley I have yet to search for something I did not find. ----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Sullivan To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 1999 7:47 AM Subject: Re: Bentley really sucks

Dear List,

The Bentley manual for my Audi 200 is THREE TIMES the size of the Vanagon manual. The Bentley manual for my 1996 Passat is TWICE the size of the Vanagon manual. The Bentley manual for a 1997 Jetta is THE SAME length as the Vanagon manual.

What does this mean? Obviously VW/Audi instructs Bentley to write "more comprehensive" manuals for their "more expensive" vehicles. In short: the Vanagon Bentley manual really does "suck" when compared to other Bentley's!!!!

Cheers, MJS

At 09:47 PM 5/2/99 -0700, Zezoff wrote: >I have Mercedes manuals and they are incredible. I suggest you all buy a >used Mercedes instead of VWs. I own both, so I speak from experience. > >The Westy is a 82 diesel. The Bentley manual gives me no clue at all.

Michael J. Sullivan Director of Catalog Design Open Market, Inc.

********************************************* phone: 781.359.7624 work: http://www.openmarket.com scan tips: http://www.hsdesign.com/scanning vanagon: http://www.hsdesign.com/vanagon *********************************************

[text/html]