Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 May 1999 17:52:18 -0400
From:         David Beierl <synergx@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fridge Gettin' OUT??
Comments: To: Paul Schiemer <schiemer@MAGICNET.NET>

At 17:22 5/4/99 -0400, Paul Schiemer wrote: >Okay, okay, I've looked at all the messages about Dometic fridges in Westys >(from the last two weeks I s'pose). >My fan is dead or disconnected, need to fix or replace. > >HOW DO I GET THE FRIDGE OUT?? >Thanks, and I apologize for bringing up the thread again.

Shut off propane (I know, you already did).

Take off outside vent so that the corrugated vent pipe is no longer attached to the side of the van

Remove two counterbored screws from each cabinet side wall. For the sink cabinet, Bentley says remove drawer and shelf, but I don't think the shelf is necessary. Use your judgement. For the left side, you have to take out the floor of the locker, exposing a small "secret" waste space, to get the lower screw.

Unplug the AC cord Unplug the DC cord; put wires on top of reefer Unhook the propane connection outboard of the reefer. Don't get the one for the stove. Maybe that's why they want you to take the shelf out.

Take off the reefer door and carefully pry off the little plastic caps on five mounting screws holding the trim panel onto the front of the reefer. Take out the screws. Pull bottom of trim panel toward you and remove it.

Carefully slide the beast out. Watch out especially for the bloody vent pipe.

To put it back, set the wayback machine for "make it didn't happen." Don't forget to soap-test the propane lines (with the propane turned back on <g>). Run the stove a little to get air out of the lines before trying to light the sucker.

Have fun :->

david David Beierl - dbeierl@ibm.net