Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 May 1999 18:45:51 -0700
From:         Graham Challis <centumg@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Prestone
Comments: To: "Tom L. Neal" <jneal@NETCOM.COM>

I'm using the extended life Prestone in my 90 GL. It's only been in there for a few weeks but so far no problem. I also used the Moroso ceramic seal to stop a head leak and it seems to be working too (although the weather here in Calif. is warm now so that may be the difference). I'll let the list know if I suffer a outpouring of the pink stuff and have to sue Prestone!

--- "Tom L. Neal" <jneal@NETCOM.COM> wrote: > Just talked with friendly VW service manager who > says "just use Autobahn" > so I asked him for the cheapest source and he > indicated a repair shop > down the street. Think I'll keep "just using > Autobahn". BTW he had some > real horror stories about recent Audis with a > strange new antifreeze > that cannot be mixed with ANYTHING. > Audi had to do two $30K car overhauls in warranty > for two owners who > filled the correct a/f from another a/f bottle but > hadn't perfectly > rinsed it out. The a/f turns into bubble gum in the > engine, pipes, > radiator...... > > Cheers, Tom Neal > > On Tue, 4 May 1999, Brent Christensen wrote: > > > Is anyone on the list actually using it? > > > > Brent Christensen > > '89 Syncro Westy > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: Kent Christensen <lkchris@USWEST.NET> > > Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 1999 10:12 AM > > Subject: Re: Prestone > > > > > > > see > http://www.prestone.com/cooling/extended.html > > > > > > > >