Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 May 1999 00:09:30 -0700
From:         Debi <mtngal@SIERRATEL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AFM CAP
Comments: To: Bob Gourley <spruce@harborside.com>

Hi, Looks like things are going through fine now... that's a good sign. I took my AFM meter off and placed it upside down on my van floor (as a cushion) and proceeded to loosen it with a wide standard screwdriver... in very small sections working carefully until I felt it start to pop off. Getting it started was a bear! I don't like to put my hands on electrical parts because of the natural oils in our skin So I opted "not to alter" the vein/vane from the track. (I also noticed no sign of wear in the path of the vane) I tried the Electrical spray as a trial... It was a bonus to find out it worked so well. When you spray it "DO NOT allow the spray to puddle up inside your AFM", turn it upside down and blow inside until it appears dry. Then re-apply. I did about three times if I remember right. Let me know your results OK? I'm curious if it is giving everybody else noticeable results, too...

P.S. While you have that QD Electronics spray handy... spray the contacts to you throttle position sensor they sometimes gum up so bad that they won't spring open (like mine) It caused poorer gas mileage... Hope this helps. ;0)

----- Original Message ----- From: Bob Gourley <spruce@harborside.com> To: <mtngal@sierratel.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 1999 8:33 PM Subject: AFM CAP

| Hi Debi. | | Will try again. I used capitol letters. | | What is the secrete in getting that AFM cap off. Someone has chipped the | edges sometime in the past trying to get it off. I chipped it a little more. | It seems to be pressed in very tight. I am afraid to use my full strength | and have it come off in pieces. | | Thanks for any help you can give me. | | Bob | |