Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 May 1999 13:31:29 -0500
From:         Tonya Pope <Tonya@TEAM-M.COM>
Subject:      oil pressure switch 2 - HELP

Please, I tried calling the parts department and they couldn't tell me what the pressure rating was for the part number. Ok, so they're stupid or just not user-friendly. I don't know.

Anyway, the switch put in is 056-919-081-E. I have the "right" switch in my hand and the part number says 068-919-081-A. It's labeled 0.75-1.05bar. I had previously purchased this from the parts department and specifically asked for the .9 bar switch. So what is really the right part number??? ANYBODY?

Doesn't somebody have microfiche? There used to be a mechanic from a Washington state dealer on the list that was helpful and pointed this problem out. You still here??

If I do indeed have the wrong switch installed (which seems the case since it likes to buzz so much), I need to bring it to the service departments attention pronto. If it's the right switch, I need to find out why the thing keeps buzzing. It did not before I brought it in and the filter is the dealer-installed filter as they always do the oil changes (19.95 including filter, hey, why should I get my hands dirty).

Thanks, Tonya 87 Vanagon GL Wolfs