Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 May 1999 22:10:46 -0500
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Re: Serious problems with CV reinstall -HELP!
Comments: To: tcarrington@relitech.com

Thanks Tom:

I think the problem is that the fellow at the garage, who removed the inner race (needed a hydraulic press) , so I could put in a new boot, installed the inner race BACKWARDS.

I will confirm this tomorrow.

BTW: Your web site is very helpful, and I used it as a reference. One thing though, I have 12 point bolts, but they are 10 mm, not 6 mm. I now have an extra 6 mm 12 point tool!

Cheers!

Marshall -----Original Message----- From: Tom Carrington <tcarrington@relitech.com> To: 'Marshall Ruskin' <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Saturday, May 01, 1999 9:03 PM Subject: RE: Serious problems with CV reinstall -HELP!