Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 May 1999 22:02:03 -0700
From:         A & C Grobey <alien1@JPS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Trip to VW Factory  - Malcom

Malcom Stebbins wrote:

>Interesting trip/story. I am on a short list for a job in Paris and I will be wanting to buy a late model Syncro Westy diesel (if I get the job). Did you find any good place(s) to look for a good used Syncro Westy diesels? Did you get any 'feel' for the prices of used Syncro Westy diesels?? Any good web "For Sales sites? Thanks, Malcolm

Malcom, Germany is the place to go to find a VW. They are everywhere. Its a VW Lover's dream! Every little 200 person village has a bakery, gas station, and a VW Dealer! However, I must admit, i did not see very many Westy's. The Westy's I did see were all diesels. As a matter of fact, most of the vans were diesels. France didn't have much. They have too many little French cars and not enough VW's.

While visiting, i picked up two magazine's -- VW Scene and VW WOB (stands for Wolfsburg). Each of these had ads in the back with color pictures just like an auto trader. Get one of these while you are there. An example from one of the ads in the mag that I got: '89 T3 Magnum TD Campingwerksumb 15.300 DM (about $8750). It was a nice looking all white van. My suggestion is ask the list to see if anyone lives in Europe and have them check for you.

Alan '91 Carat Sherwood, OR