Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 May 1999 22:51:48 -0400
From:         Jim DiGennaro <limbo@BCN.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon in Rough neighborhood Update (or "down"-date?)

I was reading the post about the fellow who's camper was broken into. I

'm sorry to here it. I'm thankful for the town I live in. ITs fairly safe. I can walk the streets at nite without worry, most of the time I run into people I know. Anyway, I take a different aproach to the security of my Vanagon. In town, I usually don't lock it. Even though I have full glass coverage, I rather they not break the glass to get into my bus to steal my 50 dollar Spark-o-matic radio. Most everything else in the bus is inexpensive and everything is replaceable. Even if I had a high dollar radio, I'd still leave it unlocked. My thoughts are I can get it replaced. And chances are I can get a better radio out of the insurance company, they don't ask what type it was when I insure the van. So I could tell them it was a nice alpine. ;) Most of the redneck thiefs around here don't even look at a Vanagon. There are always better fish to catch. Out of town I lock my bus, but I'm never too far away from it anyway. Knock on wood I'm pretty lucky, I havn't been robbed. Just my thoughts on the subject. Take care. -- -Jim DiGennaro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LiMBO, The Late Model Bus Organization, international zzzzzzzzzzz_ |E[__] [__]|[_]\\ | _ LiMBO | _ || =-( )---------( )--= '84 Wolfsburg Weekender James Digennaro, LiMBO's Editor and Web master. * 34 Summer St., Adams, MA 01220 ICQ# 5534528 LiMBO LINE: (413) 743-1814 * URL: http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/ 'Transporters By The Tunnel' - A fun camping event ' July 16th-18th ------------------------------------------------------------------------