Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 May 1999 05:18:07 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Mexibus and engine question

I was down in Cancun Mex. last year and could not help to notice all the T2 VW busses in use and on the road. They are the same as on the fine brochure. Thanks for scanning all those. Yeah its a 1970's vintage Type 2 but with a water cooled power plant with a big, REALY BIG radiator on the nose. They appeared to also have A/C since it was pretty swampy hot and most of these Caravelles had the windows rolled up in traffic. I did not see any campers, but alot of Caravelles and Panels. I wanted to stop one of these delivery/taxi drivers and ask them to look in the boot and check out the engine. Probably a Golf "eurospec"? Does anyone know or can translate the brochure on what is the powerplant in these Mexi-Caravelles.

Thanks Joel 89 Syncro Westy

--- Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO> wrote: > Oooohhhh!!! This Mexibus is nice!! I would not fight > them if they were giving > them away :-)) Crazy thing is, I can pick one up > here in Europe, too! Them > Brits are even making them RHD! and Campers, too! > Steve, one tip when scanning - make sure the image > is straight. Other than > that I didnt find the scans bad. > > PerL > 88 Syncro > > > > Take a look: > http://www.oz.net/~sneakers/mexibus.htm. >