Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 May 1999 12:02:15 -0400
From:         EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Rebuilds, was: Mechanic Horror Stories

I would like to report on my GEX engine. It now has about 30,000 on it. Other than a lift noise now and then, it runs strong. The problems that I had were mostly created by the installer, (greman motor werks) here in Pgh. The installer had broken bolts off, wires laying on the exhaust, several vacuum leaks, 3 major oil leaks, and this thing still ran, when I bought it. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and never let it get very hot, it keeps running strong.

Eric 86-VW4x4 vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler