Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 May 1999 04:07:12 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon in Rough neighborhood Update (or "down"-date?)
Comments: To: Jim DiGennaro <limbo@BCN.NET>

Jim DiGennaro wrote:

> And chances are I can get a better radio out of the insurance > company, they don't ask what type it was when I insure the van. So I > could tell them it was a nice alpine. ;)

Oh, its so easy, eh? Over here, the insurance company wants to see the receipts (or copy of them), and then they calculate the value loss by years, and subtract your share (or what you call it, I dunno) so you literally get nothing. My brother had his Polo broken into a few years back, they stole a $200 stereo system, and made $2000 damage to the car. They ruined the entire dashboard, scratched and dented both the passenger side door and rear side, and made some minor damage to the canvas rag top (Cool feature on this Polo, almost like the old bugs, this was electric) The car got a new dash, repainted half the car etc., but he only got $70 for the stereo. I sure don't want anybody to run off with my $2000 stereo, so I can get 1/4 back. The Insurance companies are sharks here too!

PerL 88 Syncro