Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 May 1999 16:10:18 -0700
From:         Joe Knight <jknight%qwestinternet.net@QWESTINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW rebuilds junk?
Comments: To: Per Lindgren <lindgre@online.no>

Sorry for the delay; been out of town for a couple of days. In answer to your question, I specified a VWC (Volkswagen of Canada) rebuild when I placed the order with my local VW dealer. Their rebuilds are pretty unmistakably identifiable: Air Distributor and Air Deflectors installed; Simtest computer test report incl., Oil Flow @ Pressure, Torque, & Compression (avg & /cyl); installation guide & policy statement incl., phone support #'s (800/387-0009 or Metro Toronto 416/288-3001 ext 215. I found them to be quite forthcoming over the phone, at one point transfering me to the shop floor for more expertise. I found the pre tax price of $2053 US incl., freight to be surprisingly reasonable particularly for a major dealer supplied item. I would use them again without question but for the temptation to go with one of the conversions that are being discussed; hopefully, that decision is down the road a piece.

----- Original Message ----- From: Per Lindgren <lindgre@online.no> To: Joe Knight <jknight%qwestinternet.net@qwestinternet.net> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 1999 7:07 PM Subject: Re: VW rebuilds junk?