Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 May 1999 13:33:32 -0400
From:         EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: battery explosion
Comments: To: Björn Ratjen <bratjen@DIRECT.CA>

A battery under normal conditions gives off a very small amount of Hydrogen. Under strain, or a very heavy charge, a battery is a bomb waiting for a spark to set it off. This is why jump starting a car is very dangerous. It wonder why more people aren't killed by these activities. Eric 86-VW4x4 vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler