Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 May 1999 22:46:53 -0400
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: orange coolant...who uses it?
Comments: To: "Tom L. Neal" <jneal@NETCOM.COM>

Based on what I have seen on this list added to my own personal expierence I fear that leaky head gaskets, like the poor, are with us always. It's just a weak point that sooner or later will fail. All machines have weaknesses, this just happens to be ours. Fortunately the flaw is not fatal and is not all that hard or expensive to fix. About a hundred per head if you do it right. I also have used Autobahn exclusively. Last summer the head leaked. I do not blame this on Autobahn, I see nothing wrong with the stuff. Now however I use Texaco Dexcool (the orange stuff) since I put it in the van runs about a needle width cooler than it did with the autobahn. I thus conclude that Dexcool is better. You pays your money.....

----- Original Message ----- From: Tom L. Neal <jneal@NETCOM.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 23, 1999 9:21 PM Subject: Re: orange coolant...who uses it?