Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 May 1999 19:28:21 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Do I need a head job???
Comments: To: john silverman <jsilver@AROS.NET>

May not be what the others on this list would do, but I'd take it in to my trusty mechanic and do a coolant system pressure test. Let it stand for a period of time, perhaps overnight, with ten or 13 psi on the system and see if it develops that puddle again. If so, you can trace where it came from. If not, you're PROBABLY OK. I say probably because cold engine pressure is not quite the same as having dynamic pressure with coolant running through the system at operating temp. But it is a start!

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: john silverman <jsilver@AROS.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, May 24, 1999 7:14 PM Subject: Do I need a head job???