Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 May 1999 16:55:19 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Vanagon sighting

Listees, I saw a Vanagon @ the dealer today. Big deal you might say, but it was no Caravelle or Transporter, but a US-spec Vanagon Westfalia, K model year (1989). It was in for service, but I was like a bloodhound, circling around it to check out the details of the interior and exterior (Westys are rare here). Couldn't get into it, though. First thing that hit me was, there were warning stickers all around the van, on the various filling points for gas, lpg, water etc.. Second, the interior (it was a GL) was so luxurious, with velour inserts on the door panels. Third, I noticed the flue cover, or rather the missing cover. I know these Westys have Dometic fridges, but I saw the Electrolux symbol on the flue, is this right? And if it is, what does it do there? Electrolux doesn't have anything to do with Dometic, or does it? The Vanagon had A/C, very unusual in Norway, so I got a good look at the setup in the roof and the controls on the dash, but it didn't have electric mirrors or windows. The westys sure have less closet space than my Reimo, but the seat width (rear) was about the same. The wheels were ugly black and rusty steels, and the finish of the van was not nice, although the interior was mint. It was cool! Oh, I had to rant a bit over this, got to get the comments out to someone who cares ;-)

74 PerL 88 Syncro 112i