Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 May 1999 02:54:50 -0700
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Speedometer Cable End
Comments: To: David Beierl <synergx@IBM.NET>

David: I don't know what kind of epoxy you're used to, but the stuff I have that AI repair canoes and kayaks with is in noway too soft for the application at hand. The cheapie devcon 5 minute stuff isn't even waterproof and that stuff ghets gummy under heat and fluids. If push comes to shove, what about a methacrolate based adhesive or the Loctite sleeve retainer stuff.

Reinforcing the west systems epoxy(105 resin and 205 hardner) with either coloidal silica, short styrands of kevlar, or cotton fibers would increase the strength over just plain epoxy for sure.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel -----Original Message----- From: David Beierl <synergx@IBM.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Wednesday, May 26, 1999 11:48 AM Subject: Re: Speedometer Cable End