Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 May 1999 17:00:40 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      FS: 88 Syncro Reimo 112i, advice needed!
Comments: To: Syncro <Syncro@onelist.com>

Yep, I am going to sell my 1988 Reimo conversion Syncro camper. But have no fear, I am only selling it to buy another Syncro :-)) But before I make my final decision, I need some advice on the Syncro I want to buy.

The Syncro in question is a 1987 8-pax Caravelle C. My biggest concern is that there was a massive oil sweat on the front diff, around the VC. Should I worry? I had no chance to test the VC, and I didn't notice if the front wheels were driving on the gravel in my driveway. Stupid of me, I didn't check it by hitting the gas hard in 1st (on gravel). It didn't feel anything different from my present Syncro, though. Another thing, the front diff lock (yeah!!) didn't engage, even though the lamp was blinking. Probably from lack of use, I guess I could renovate the actuator. Can this be done easy? Other items to fix: leak on top of water pressure tank (small crack), oil breather pipe was torn, lubeing the shift linkage. Small oil sweat on the engine and tranny, the tranny shifted easy and made no funny noises. The car was two tone blue, nice interior, engine is the 112i, and felt as spunky as my present Syncro. No visible water leaks from the underside. 184 000 kms on the meter. No power equipment. It had some seam rust, not much. Some rust around the side and rear windows, and on the rocker panels, from rocks, road debris etc. Best of all, it was much tighter in the suspension than my present Syncro. Asking price is US$ 3800. Is this cheap?

But, in effort to buy this Syncro, I have to sell my Syncro camper. I have no use of the camper equipment, so I might as well sell it. If any of you are interested, let me know, but be aware of the fact that you cannot register this one in USA or Canada, but Europeans are welcome. I live in Norway. The facts: 1988 Reimo Syncro 181 000 kms 112i 2,1 wbx rear diff lock VC works Full Reimo camper interior, no pop-top, made and installed by Norwegian Trufa factory. Interior includes Electrolux fridge, two stoves, running water from two 15 liter bottles. Flash silver Seats 5, sleeps 2, maybe 3 if they are very good friends/lovers :-) Many dings and dents, some rust in dents, little seam rust. Dented front bumper and license plate :-) No head leaks as I know of. Asking 50000 crowns/ US$ 6360/ CN$ 9400/ DEM 11875/ Euro 6067

74 PerL 88 Syncro 112i (soon to be 87 Syncro 112i)