Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 May 1999 21:32:29 -0400
From:         Hajasz <hajasz@VISI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Some AC retrofit links + 134a retrofit
Comments: To: Joel Walker <jwalker@bama.ua.edu>

1. Just filled my empty AC system with 134a, works great. Cost for kit $29 on sale at Kmart.

2. Easy to do once I figured out where the low side was.

3. I think the 90 base model was sold in the US. It has 2 rear facing seats like a Carat along with the rear folding bed seat. The fabric is a strange but cool black tweed and the floor mats are all rubber and cover the full cargo floor. I bought it from a used car dealer who had gotten in over his head. I still have to replace the head gaskets and work on the auto tranny. He originally was asking $4500 but after finding out the costs of the repairs took $1400. No tachometer and only manual mirrors. Steve Hajasz 90 Vanagon GL 90 Vanagon (Base Model) 84 Rabbit Convertible