Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 May 1999 09:37:42 -0500
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Re: Here we don't go Again!!!
Comments: To: Shortlidge D Joel <shortlid@JUNO.COM>

Joel, do this:

Identify your AFM.

Take a utility knife, and carefully cut the factory seal that goes right around the lid of it.

Using a flat-blade screwdriver, carefully and slowly pry off said lid, beginning at a corner.

Spray electronic cleaner (Radio Shack or FLAPS) onto resistive surface, and move wiper a couple or three times etc.

Let evaporate, don't touch it with a cloth as you don't want fibres in there or other contaminants.

Remove old silicone seal from lid (tedious) with a knife.

Close lid, seal right around with a good tape.

*** Since I've done that, my WESTY has not bucked once!

Marshall Ruskin 84 Westy -----Original Message----- From: Shortlidge D Joel <shortlid@JUNO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Saturday, May 29, 1999 10:57 PM Subject: Here we don't go Again!!!