Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jun 1999 02:19:30 -0700
From:         Coby Smolens <cobys@WELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vacation location

One of our favorite trips was the after-acquisition, after-engine-and-many-other-things-rebuilding shakedown cruise of our '83 H20 Westyboxer back in '96. We took her to the Okenagon National forest, up along the Twisp River in central WA. The weather was superb, the scenery glorious. I got out and walked the firetrail we found down to the Twisp to see if it was the sort of road one could negotiate with a 1.9 Westy 2WD full of three adults, an eleven year old, a dog and baggage and groceries for a month on the road -- a then drive back up it again... By the look of it, I figured if we had to we could probably make it back out by unloading the van and having everyone walk, or maybe push. It was a very fine spot indeed, and we spent several very peaceful days there, making music, lolling about, swapping tales, playing in the bracing water of the good river Twisp... Have pix available to prove it, too. And the van made it out with all goods and passengers aboard, the wheels hardly ever left the ground.

Coby Smolens, Owner Valley Wagonworks VW Bus and Vanagon Repair 1535 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. San Anselmo, CA 94960 415 457-5628 www.wagonworks.com