Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:55:19 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: Arm rest
Comments: To: Shortlidge D Joel <shortlid@JUNO.COM>

Shortlidge D Joel wrote:

> > Also I got a alignment for my Syncro, it seems to track straight but the > technician said it was hard to get the steering wheel straight and it is > still a little off! We tried four times removing the nut on top of the > steering post and adjusting it but it is still off a little any way to > fix this?

To place the wheel straight: Take your tools with you in your car, and drive around until you find a large, empty parking lot. Enter that parking lot, take out your tools and remove the nut on the wheel. Now, loosen the wheel, put your car in 1st and drive straight ahead, a little bit above idle. Now, you'll see that the car goes straight ahead, and you can just lift the wheel off and position it where you find its straight. Replace the nut, and your finished. Works for me every time, if you cant get the wheel straight, you have to adjust the steering rods some to get a different position at the wheel, but it shouldn't be necessary.

74 PerL 88 Syncro 112i